The objectives of the public involvement program for the Harbor Bridge project are as follows:
- To gather information from affected stakeholders regarding their ideas about possible alternatives for Harbor Bridge;
- To provide stakeholders with clear, concise information about the progress of the environmental documentation/schematic development process;
- To obtain documented input from stakeholders with an interest in alternatives for Harbor Bridge;
- To enable TxDOT to be responsive to comments and concerns raised by stakeholders;
- To develop strong communication channels between TxDOT and its stakeholders that will serve as a method of building support for this and future phases of the Harbor Bridge project;
- To inform the public about the use of tolling to generate the revenue needed to speed up the construction schedule for Harbor Bridge; and
- To engage the community in the process of gathering input about the look of a new bridge structure.